PRESS RELEASE: ACL Dominator 8.0 - Admin, reporting and management security tool for Notes
'NOTESMAIL', A BUSINESS PARTNER
OFFERS MAILBOX / APPLICATION REPORTING TO DOMINO ADMINISTRATORS INCLUDING NESTED GROUPS, ACL SETTINGS, DB PROPERTIES, DAOS,
MAILBOX PREFERENCES, USER ACTIVITY,
MAIL RULES, EXCEL EXPORT
With ACL Dominator 8.0 Release Version, Enhancements Assist Domino Administrators to Report on User Activity, Mailbox Rules (send action), Mailbox Email Addresses (primary, alias, forwarding);
Fix Security Holes, Optimize Server Performance and Prepare for Message Migrations
New York, NY – November 6, 2018 – BP NotesMail, provider of Crucial Notes tools and Domino consulting services, now offers a new user interface and enhanced administration functionality for Notes and Domino. ACL Dominator is an administration reporting security tool which allows Domino Administrators to quickly identify performance and security issues in a Domino environment. Domino administrators can generate reports for Domino mailboxes, Domino web apps and Notes apps, then export to Excel. The reports can be run immediately or scheduled daily, weekly or monthly.
Cyber-attack, hacking and information warfare seems more than relevant in the news these days (i.e. WikiLeaks). Domino administrators are often at a loss when dealing with nested groups in the DD (Public NAB) which can be a real security concern. Nested groups seem to be difficult to troubleshoot in regards to ACL access and mailing lists. Prevent security breaches and secure your Domino mailboxes, Domino web apps and Notes apps with ACL Domnator. The nested groups are expanded in the Excel report.
Reports can be generated as seen below which assist a Domino administrator to fix security holes, optimize server performance and prepare for a messaging migration (i.e. mailbox delegation reports for SmartCloud Notes Hybrid, Verse, Office 365, G Suite).
- Report, manage, analyze, audit, export, update all Access Control Lists (useful to fix security holes)
- Advanced database properties report (useful to verify DBs are using latest Domino 9 compression / optimization)
- Mailbox/DB document count report (useful to identify mailbox/DBs which require archiving)
- Full Text Index reports (useful to optimize server performance by identifying non-critical mailbox/DBs using "Immediate" frequency which should ideally be changed to "Hourly" or "Daily)
- Mailbox delegation reports (useful for messaging migrations)
- Mailbox user activity reports (useful to identify mailboxes which can be retired)
- Application activity reports (useful to identify user who have the wrong access rights)
- Mailbox Rules report (useful to identify which users created mail rules to forward emails via send action)
- Primary, alias and forwarding email address report (useful to identify all valid email addresses)
- Group reports (useful to identify mailbox/DB access issues using heavily nested groups)
- Mailbox owner reports including changing owner ACL (useful to force mailbox access of all mailbox users to Editor) i.e. Specify "$$MailOwner" in tool when performing ACL updates
- DAOS reports including Logical, Physical and DAOS size (useful to identify attachment consolidation space savings)
The ACL Dominator security tool is essential in today's world of cyberattack, hacking and information warfare.
New York Times article: World's biggest cyberattack hits nearly 150 countries affecting 300,000 computers
Whitehouse press release: New Cybersecurity Legislative Proposal
ACL Dominator can be configured to run on any Domino 9/8/7 server platform, and it is easy to deploy since essentially an Notes database DB. More information on ACL Dominator is available by going to the BP NotesMail Website or calling 212-599-2048 x5.
About BP 'NotesMail'
BP NotesMail is an Silver Business Partner specializing in Collaboration Solutions software for over 20 years, and providing Notes tools, hosting and consulting services including Notes and Domino app development, messaging and app migration, system integration, web design, security camera installation and computer repair. Our primary focus is on Notes and Domino as our name might suggest. We differ from other consulting companies since Notes and Domino is our highest priority, and not just part of a broader IT practice. NotesMail's corporate headquarters is in New York, NY US.
Launched in 1994, BP NotesMail offers customized Collaboration Solutions (ICS) software that fit each customer’s unique environment. NotesMail has sold its Notes tools to thousands of organizations including Notes administrators and Domino developers, comprising millions of users. It serves customers in a wide range of industries, such as healthcare, pharmaceutical, automotive, aerospace, communications, electronics, energy, education, government, financial, media, transportation, law, accounting and insurance.
BP NotesMail has delivered ICS software consulting services to hundreds of enterprise customers including Blue Cross Blue Shield, Toyota, Epson, Seagate Technology, Johnson Controls, Siemens, Virginia Commonwealth University, University of Illinois, Department of HUD, United States Marine Corps, Missouri State Highway Patrol, JPMorgan Chase. State Street Bank, United Parcel Service, Sony Corporation, Ernst & Young, among others. We have consistently provided technical excellence, outstanding customer service, and innovative products to small, medium and large companies around the globe. With the professional advantage that comes from our command of the diverse, highly-specialized work related to Collaboration Solutions technologies, NotesMail is well positioned to be the vendor of choice for many leading-edge organizations.
To learn more about BP NotesMail's Notes tools and consulting services, visit the BP NotesMail website and Global Solutions Directory.
###tags: ibm notes acl tool, ibm notes acl manager, ibm notes group explorer, expander, ibm notes acl report, ibm notes database properties, ibm notes user activity, domino admin export files tab, explode