The instructions below are for IBM Notes 9.0.1 FP3 or earlier. If you are running IBM Notes 9/8 (Basic) or Notes 7/6 you can skip step 2 & 3, and the remaining instructions should be somewhat similar.
NOTE: Do not configure more than one POP3 account since it is not reliable. For example, only one POP3 account might work, and the other will be ignored. This issue might be fixed on future Notes 8.5.x versions, so feel free to test your current Notes version if you require multiple POP3 accounts. Otherwise, you can always configure one Gmail account to receive other POP3 accounts such as Yahoo!, Hotmail, AOL, etc. as a workaround using Gmail Mail Fetcher.
1. Login to Gmail, then click the gear icon - Settings - Forwarding and POP/IMAP. Click "Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on" as seen below. WARNING: Do not choose any other options unless absolutely necessary. If you have many emails in your Gmail account it can put strain on your company network bandwidth, and your IBM Notes server mailbox might reach a quota size limit preventing you from sending outgoing emails until your IT Help Desk (Domino Administrator) resolves this issue.
2. Open List: If the "Open" icon displays as seen below, then Right click Open, then left click: Use Large Icons
3. Open List: If the "Open" icon displays as seen below, then Right click Open, then left click: Dock the Open List
4. Contacts - Advanced: Click the Contacts icon in the vertical bookmark bar (Open List), then click Advanced as seen below.
5. Advanced - New Account: Click New - Account as seen below.
6. New Account - Basics: Configure as seen below, then click Advanced tab.
A. Account name: Incoming Internet mail - Gmail
B. Account server: pop.gmail.com
C. Login Name: [Your gmail email address]
D. Password: [Your password]
E. Protocol: POP
F. SSL: Enabled
G. Only from locations(s): *
NOTE: If you switch between multiple locations (profiles) which link to other Notes mailboxes you should change this to a specific location, for example, "Office (Network)", otherwise, your Gmail may download to the wrong mailbox.
7. New Account - Advanced: Click Advanced tab and Configure as seen below, then click Save & Close button.
A. Port number: 995
B. Accept SSL site certificates: Yes
C. Accept expired SSL certificates: Yes
D. Send SSL certificates when asked (outbound connections only): No
E. Verify account server name with remote server's certificate: Disabled
F. SSL protocol version: V3.0 with V2.0 handshake
8. Locations: Click File - Locations - Manage Locations.
9. Locations: Click Edit to edit your current location. i.e. Office (Network)
10. Edit Location: Click Replication tab, then configure as seen below, then click OK - OK.
A. Enable replication: [Click checkbox]
B. Replicate when Notes starts: [Click checkbox]
C. Schedule: [Click checkbox]
D. Replicate daily between: 08:00 AM - 7:45 AM
E. Replicate every: 15
F. Days of week: Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
G. High priority replication: [Click checkbox]
H. Replicate daily between: 08:00 AM - 7:45 AM
I. Replicate every: 15
J. Days of week: Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat