The candidate will be responsible for the technical development and support of custom Excel/VBA, .NET and Microsoft SQL based applications.
- Work with the Acturial Team to document requirements for the development of .NET services layer to connect Excel templates to a SQL Server database.
- Design and develop .NET Services layer based on the documented requirements.
- Document a configuration management strategy for the deployment of the Excel templates and the .NET services layer.
- Work closely with the Systems DEvelopment group to ensure company development standard are met.
- Provide overall development support in Excel VBA, /NET and SQL Server for the Reinsurance Acturial Pricing Project.
- 5+ Years of Information Systems/Technology experience.
- At least 3 years experience in .NET Framework 2.0/3.5 and the C# language. Must have expert knowledge.
- At least 2 years experience with Excel/VBA development is required.
- At least 3 years experience in SQL Server 2005/2008 (stored procedures, UDFs, views, etc.) and T-SQL language.
- Experience with Web Services (WCF / .NET 2.0 Web Services) and Service Oriented Architecture
- Must have strong understanding of object oriented design and programming concepts
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Integration with enterprise systems and overall architectural standards.
- Prior Insurance/Reinsurance or other regulated industry experience a plus.
- Personal time management skills and ability to meet individual and team deadlines.
- Should have strong documentation skills and strong understanding Software Development Lifecycle best practices.
- Excellent communication presentation and organization skills with ability to communicate effectively across multiple IT team disciplines.
- This is an on-site consulting position.
- May require travel to Zurich.
- No sponsorship or H1 available.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.